The main aim of the Better Lives Partnership is to develop a range of opportunities for children and young people with autism spectrum conditions and related disabilities as well as families, carers and practitioners who support them.
Based in the market town of Castle Douglas we offer our services throughout the Stewartry area and where possible beyond. We want to be able to support as many individuals as need our help and it is hoped to be able to offer our projects from different sites within the region in the future.
Better Lives Charitable purposes are:
- The advancement of education
- The advancement of citizenship or community development (including rural or urban regeneration)
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
- The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities within the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons.
- The promotion of equality and diversity
- The relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
- Developing opportunities so that people with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other disabilities in Dumfries and Galloway are able to live as independent and fulfilled lives as possible and remain within their communities.
- The advancement of public awareness and understanding of autism and other disabilities.
- Developing services and provision for people affected by ASD and other disabilities, their families, parents and Carers and practitioners who support them.
- Promoting the awareness and understanding of ASD and how it affects individuals and their families and Carers.
- Providing information and advice to people affected by ASD and other disabilities, their parents and Carers and practitioners who support them.
- Delivering aspects of the Dumfries and Galloway Autism Strategy in conjunction or partnership with other organisations, statutory and non-statutory, and individuals or businesses as required.
- Working and liaising with other organisations, statutory and non-statutory to further the purposes of the Better Lives Partnership as described above.