At Better Lives Partnership we present young people with Autism and additional barriers with a structured program of accredited training in their area of interest, expertise, work related skills and to prepare them for the next step towards employment, self-employment, education, training or volunteering.
All our projects use a person-centred approach to develop unique opportunities for each young person that incorporates one or all of the following; employability skills, work experience and social enterprise.
Better Lives Charitable purposes are:
- The advancement of education
- The advancement of citizenship or community development (including rural or urban regeneration)
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
- The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities within the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons.
- The promotion of equality and diversity
- The relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages.
Through our projects we aim to:
- Developing opportunities so that people with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other disabilities in Dumfries and Galloway are able to live as independent and fulfilled lives as possible and remain within their communities.
- The advancement of public awareness and understanding of autism and other disabilities.
- Developing services and provision for people affected by ASD and other disabilities, their families, parents and Carers and practitioners who support them.
- Promoting the awareness and understanding of ASD and how it affects individuals and their families and Carers.
- Providing information and advice to people affected by ASD and other disabilities, their parents and Carers and practitioners who support them.
- Delivering aspects of the Dumfries and Galloway Autism Strategy in conjunction or partnership with other organisations, statutory and non-statutory, and individuals or businesses as required.
- Working and liaising with other organisations, statutory and non-statutory to further the purposes of the Better Lives Partnership as described above
Click on the projects to find out more!
Our Previous Projects
The Yoga Project set out to develop the application of yoga in reducing stress and anxiety in children with ASD, ADHD...
Major research on housing needs of young people with autism calls for major step change in investment in housing and...